Thursday, October 18, 2007

Resist him!

Strongholds will come down when you stand on God's Word and resist the devil!

Living with dreams in an imperfect world, there are times when a Christian's joy seems to disappear and he can only see problems! Sometimes the disappearance of his joy may have been caused by such a little thing as congested traffic every day. It might have been caused by struggles with doubts about God's promises that did not come to pass yet, or it may be his personal sickness. Whatever it is, Jesus knows all about our struggles and He wants you to have peace! Remember His Words, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27.) He is Peace, and He gives His peace freely. It is our choice whether we receive it or hold on to the things that trouble us.

Your heavenly Father wants you to know when the cares of life and daily living become greater than His Grace, those are the times when you need to go to Him and make a decision. You can choose to believe God is still in control of your life or you can choose to allow the negative thoughts to be in control. Choose to be an overcomer. To be an overcomer you have to have something to overcome!

Here are some truths I learned during my prayer times concerning negative issues:

1. Resist Satan and go to the Word. When the enemy would try to discourage you, resist him and go to the Source for all answers, God's Word. Find the scripture that will speak to your need and stand on it. There's power in the Word! Speak it aloud. Remind God you are standing on it. When Satan hears the Word he will flee. One scripture that helped me maintain control of many situations is, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. (then...) Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7.) Submitting to God for everything enabled me to cooperate with the Holy Spirit to teach me the power of God's Word to trust Him, understand His plan for my life, walk in faith, know His protection on the mission field and to resist doubts, fears and much more! I submit myself to the Lord every day and when problems or sickness attacks, I quote the Word back to him, "Satan, it is written, 'Resist the devil and he will flee.' I don't receive your pain, problems or confusion. I believe God's Word on this situation and I command you to depart from my path now, in Jesus' Name" and he does depart.

2. Resist negative thoughts quickly. If you suddenly begin to feel ill, don't let half of the morning pass without addressing your need to your Father. Take control within minutes, "I resist your pain, Satan. I don't receive it. I have nothing in you and you have nothing in me. I don't receive this report and I command you to take your symptoms and return to the one who sent you. It is written, 'The prayer of faith shall save the sick nd the Lord shall raise him up....'" (James 5:15.) "They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover." (Mark 16:18.)"Now...Father, according to your Word I lay hands on my sickness; I pray the prayer of faith, and declare according to your Word that I am healed and the mnifestation of my healing is on the way, in Jesus' Name!" Amen.

3. Renew your mind immediately. "Father, I resist the negative thoughts that would try to disturb my peace. I renew my mind with gratefulness, praise and thanks for your protection over my family and me, for your provision, for your guidance in new decisions I must make and the assurance that other answers are on the way. Thank you for the victory I have in you today!"

4. Close your ears to words of defeat. When it is possible, refute negative words that were heard, by speaking to the one who spoke them, and reassure that one that there is great victory in speaking the Word when the enemy would try to come in like a flood.

5. Know there is a reason why people live with trouble. It is because the Word has become neglected in their hearts. It does not come to their minds when it is needed. They have forgotten Paul's admonition, "LET (you...permit) the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16.) The scriptures point the way to a joyful and spirit-filled life: Sing the spiritual songs and quote the Word so that it will come back to you when it is needed. It is by continually submitting to the Lord and continually resisting the devil that victories will be consistent and you will live in His Peace!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Very powerful!

I like your blog. Would you like to visit mine?

http://yourbestlifeyet.blogspot.com